Welcome to our online resource web-page, developed to help directly to provide online learning options for sponsors related to teen traffic safety issues. These resources can easily be incorporated into online learning platforms or virtual meetings. We are updating the content regularly so please check back with us and if there are things you’d like to see, please let us know by e-mailing [email protected].
TDS Talks Top Teen Driver Risks Videos
These videos can be used by teens, teachers, parents, and instructors to learn about the top risk factors for teen drivers. Utilize the 10-minute videos with short quizzes at the end or the PDF version.
|Distracted Driving||Drowsy Driving||Speeding||Lack of Seat Belt Use||Impaired Driving|
|Powerpoint PDF||Powerpoint PDF||Powerpoint PDF||Powerpoint PDF||Powerpoint PDF|
These activities can be done easily at home or around the neighborhood. Let’s encourage students to be pro-active while out of their house and continue to learn while taking breaks for the screen.
- Middle School Spot the Difference Activity Sheet (from Safe Kids).
- Union Pacific Coloring Book: Rail Safety AND a history lesson.
Looking for some content to add to your online learning that gives them something different? Consider adding these videos into your library for extra credit or additional learning opportunities.
- Big Rig No Zones animation.
- Big Rig Wide Turns animation.
- Big Rig Passing Safely animation.
- Youth Transportation Program YouTube Channel
This activity can be assigned as a for credit or extra credit assignment for teens in middle school and high school. Encourage teens to practice safe walking and biking practices. All supporting materials are below, along with a pre-recorded presentation (Youtube & PDF), Kahoot, and activity sheet. Feel free to use the resources individually as you see fit.
- Digital Learning Toolkit instructional guide
- Recorded Public Presentation on YouTube>
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety Presentation PDF
- Kahoot trivia challenge (PIN: 091747978) or URL to Play Now
- Heads Up, Listen Up Pedestrian and Bike Safety Activity Sheet.
- Supplemental brochure (English/Spanish) and postcards (English/Spanish)
Other Supplemental Resources: