Zero Crazy! is an activity that includes a pre-observation, 3 weeks of activities/messaging, and a post-observation. You have the whole semester to complete the activity and as long as we get everything back by the due date, we’ll send your team a $100 gift card! In the fall we take on seat belts and in the spring, it’s distracted driving. Observations are done to get a picture of the problem and again to see if your team made a difference. It’s crazy fun and your team gets rewarded!
Zero Crazy is an All-Star requirement!
TDS All-Star points are awarded for completing both observations and returning them, plus you get your normal points when you complete activities and report them. Once everything is completed and returned your team gets a $100 gift card to celebrate your accomplishments. If you complete BOTH Zero Crazy activities, you will earn 40 All-Star points and $200 in gift cards!
Gift cards are sponsored by
Junior High Schools can participate!
2018-2019 Zero Crazy Dates
Fall ’18 (seat belts) can be done any time during the FALL semester and must be completed by DECEMBER 14, 2018
Spring ’19 (distracted driving) can be done any time during the SPRING semester and must be completed by MAY 1, 2019
Fall ’19 (seat belts) can be done any time during the FALL semester and must be completed by OCTOBER 18, 2019
Steps to Complete Zero Crazy!
- Sign up – If your rep has not signed you up automatically, sign up below to participate.
- Watch for the instruction email – You will be emailed the observation forms and instructions.
- Catch the Crazy! – Perform field observations at your school by observing real driving behavior and counting the Crazy drivers (pre-observation).
- Shift the Crazy! – Do some mad, crazy activities around your school for a full three weeks to let these drivers know the risk they are taking.
- Catch the Crazy! – Perform another field observation to see how many Crazy drivers you shifted (post-observation).
- Pizza Party Like Crazy! – Return all your field pre- and post-observations to Teens in the Driver Seat and we’ll send you a $100 gift card so you can party it up! We’ll also award your school 15 TDS All-Star Points for completing the activity (with a bonus of 10 points if both activities are completed) and send you back a report so you can see how your school did compared to other schools.
Who can participate?
Any active (2018-19 school year) Teens in the Driver Seat program school. If you are not currently active, it’s easy to do! Contact your regional representative to get started.
When can our team expect the gift card?
After the activity has ended, we will request the gift cards (patience with our business office 🙂 ). Fall gift cards are sent out in January and Spring gift cards are sent in May.