The purpose of this award is to recognize the teacher/sponsors that make a difference to teens through their work with the Teens in the Driver Seat® program.
2016-17 SponStar Winners:
- Danielle Smith – Timpson ISD, Timpson, TX
- Robert Curry – Cano Freshman Academy, Harlingen, TX
- Diana Shiley – Islands High School, Savannah, GA
- Samantha Keaton – Young Women’s Leadership Academy, Fort Worth, TX
- Catherine Cleveland – Holland High School, Holland, TX
- Alyssa Martin – Chattahoochee High School, Johns Creek, GA
- Carie Archer – Chisum High School, Paris, TX
- Pamela Morrison – Conifer High School, Conifer, CO
- Dionni Olivares-Wueste – C.C. Winn High School, Eagle Pass, TX
- Kay Carpenter – Centura Public Schools, Cairo, NE
- Benito Mendiola III – Vidal M. Treviño School of Communication and Fine Arts, Laredo, TX
- Dave Wamberg – Fullerton High School, Fullerton, NE
- Theresa Maya – El Dorado High School, El Paso, TX
- Sylvia Garcia – CCTE, El Paso, TX
- Taquila Thomas – Twiggs County Middle School, GA
- Theresa Standard – Toombs County High School, GA
- Iris Hancock – Sugar Land Middle School, TX
- Cheryl Tyler – Helix Charter High School, CA
- A teacher/sponsor is defined as a “non-student” adult that is assisting students with the Teens in the Driver Seat® program. Examples of individuals that qualify would be a teacher, school administrator, counselor, or group leader (e.g., FCCLA, 4-H program, youth council, etc.)
- Only one nominee per nomination form is allowed.
- Nominations for more than one teacher/sponsor are accepted.
- Self-nominations are accepted.
Deadline: Nomination forms are due by March 10, 2017.
Prizes: Winners will receive recognition, a plaque and a gift certificate for their outstanding service.
How to submit a nomination form:
Nominations have closed.
Please contact your local Teens in the Driver Seat® Regional Representative for assistance.
See past winners: