The purpose of this award is to recognize the teacher/sponsors that make a difference to teens through their work with the Teens in the Driver Seat® program.
- Vivian Johnson, Naaman Forest High School, Texas
- Kim Meador, Mayde Creek High School, Texas
- Melanie Parsons, Garland High School, Texas
- Ginger Postert, Bandera High School, Texas
- Suzanne Reese, Creekview High School, Texas
- Barbara Richards, Ventura High School, California
- Laura Rizo, Desert View Middle School, Texas
- Dorothy White, Garland Youth Council, Texas
See past winners:
Nuri Perez Robles says
Congrats Ms. Garcia. You and Jefferson/Silva teens rock!
Noelle Anderson says
So proud of you Mrs. Reese! You deserve this 100%! Keep working hard and doing what you do best! You’re such an inspiration!
Tyler Hoffman says
Congratulations Mrs. Reese! Not only do you deserve this nomination, but you would definitely deserve the title of Sponstar! Keep on truckin’ Mama Reese!
Sylvia Garcia says
It is an honor to be nominated. Working with students can be difficult but so rewarding! Love it!!!
Marcely Castro says
congratulations ms.briones. hope that you and your baby are doing fine.
Steve Baker (teacher) says
Naaman Forest presents special challenges to those of us that go the extra mile to aid our very diverse student body. This diversity creates special challenges. Specifically, we have the most ethnically diverse student population of any High School in Garland. Vivian is very soft spoken and compassionate with ALL kids, many from very poor culture and dysfunctional homes. Likewise, she is equally helpful with kids from more enriched environments.
Vivian also is an resource for staff. I would not hestitate to discuss in personal problems with her as I know she would listen and offer advise.
I highly recommend Vivian Johnson for the SponStar award.