Make a difference by being a positive leader for teen traffic safety.
TDS is looking for teen social media influencers to become the face of traffic safety and #RespectTheRig for the 2019-2020 school year. These teens will utilize their social media presence to spread safety messaging to their audience and TDS’s social audience.
What’s in it for you? It looks good on your college applications, Extra Mile credit, and community service project! This is also great experience in the field of social media marketing and communications if that is something you’re interested in pursuing. You’ll be the face of traffic safety for teens and receive a gift card upon completion of all tasks and of course, 10 All-Star points for your team! Teen Influencers will also have the opportunity to cover photo and media posting for the Teens in the Driver Seat Safe Driving Summit in December.
Let us know you are interested! Please provide social media channels and handles in the form below. Your page(s) should be public so we are able to see the tags and share. Snapchat is great, but not for this project.
Applications are currently closed.
You must be a part of an active school and willing to complete the following tasks (we will provide a schedule):
- Work with TDS staff to record one or two videos (using your own smart phone) using a provided script and sending it to TDS for use in posts or an interactive #RespectTheRig activity that will be seen across the country.
- Post the approved video (from above) to your personal social media channel(s).
- Post at least three (3) of your own teen driving / respect the rig safety messaging to your personal social media channel(s). TDS will provide topics, you provide the teen voice.
- Share at least three (3) @teensdriverseat or @fmcsa big rig or bus safety related posts to your personal social media channel(s).
- Tag TDS and sponsors in all above posts and shares with an understanding that it will be shared publically.
- Help with any other social opportunities (i.e. Teen Takeover) on your channel or ours at your school or at the Summit.
- Provide TDS with insights on post reach: number of likes, shares, comments, and views from your page.
Rules and requirements may be edited at any time.