Make a difference by being a positive leader for teen traffic safety.
TDS is looking for teen social media influencers to become the face of traffic safety. These teens will utilize their social media presence to spread safety messages to their audience and TDS’ social audience.
What’s in it for you? Selected Teen Influencers will receive a selfie light ring, so your videos always look as magical as possible, plus it looks great on your college applications and can be used for Extra Mile credit, and any community service project hours you may need! This is also great experience in the field of social media marketing and communications if that is something you’re interested in pursuing. You’ll be the face of traffic safety for teens and receive a gift card upon completion of all tasks and of course, 10 All-Star points for your team!
Let us know you are interested! Please provide social media channels and handles in the form below. Your page(s) should be public so we are able to see the tags and share. Snapchat is not needed for this project.
What we are looking for:
- A high school student who actively participates in TDS, whether as a TAB member or program team member at your school.
- A good channel following and recent post history.
- Multiple channels work best. Any combination of two: Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
- Someone who is not afraid to speak up for traffic safety.
- Channel must be public while you are a teen influencer.
- Channel must be age-appropriate, without inappropriate content or content that would be deemed controversial (remember we work under state and federal grants).
You must be willing to complete the following tasks (we will provide a schedule, instructions, and support):
- Submit a parent/guardian signed release form.
- Work with TDS staff to post text/image or record videos (using your own smartphone) using a provided script.
- Post the approved text/image or video to your personal social media channel(s).
- Posts must be timely and correctly tagged.
- Post at least three (3) of your own teen driving safety messaging to your personal social media channel(s). TDS will provide topics, you provide the teen voice.
- Share at least three (3) @teensdriverseat safety-related posts to your personal social media channel(s).
- Tag TDS and sponsors in all above posts and shares with an understanding that it will be shared publicly.
- Help with any other social opportunities (i.e. Teen Takeover) on your channel or ours at your school or at events.
Rules and requirements may be edited at any time.