What do YOU have to say about safe teen driving? Let us know through a video or poster so we can share it with other teens!
The Western Transportation Institute is offering a video and poster contest to Bozeman High School, Montana and Sweet Grass High School, Montana students to encourage teens to speak up and save a life. Please read all information and rules thoroughly.
Three awards will be given in combined categories:
First place — iPad 2
Second place — Digital Camera
Third place — Dakine Backpack
The judges reserve the right to limit awards in any category.
Entries must be postmarked no later than April 1, 2013 and mailed to this address:
Teens in the Driver Seat Contest
Western Transportation Institute
P.O. Box 174250
Bozeman, MT 78213
Or, posters can be attached in an email addressed to email@example.com subject line CONTEST. Emails must be time-stamped no later than April 1, 2013.
- Develop a video message that is no more than 30 seconds long, including logo display (the length needed to air commercials that you see on television). Download logos here.
- The video message should cover one or more top driving risks for teens.
- The video should be designed to be aired primarily on television.
- Do not place scrolls, credits, or additional information within the final 30-second video.
- The video must have the Teens in the Driver Seat® logo and Western Transportation Institute logo at the end. Logos do not need to appear elsewhere in the video, but inclusion elsewhere will not disqualify the video. Download logos here.
- Video should not include any copyrighted material (such as copyrighted music, video clips, or copyrighted logos and brands).
- Submit your video entry on a DVD to the address given above.
- Winners in the video category will need to provide original video source files.
VIDEO ENTRY CHECKLIST
- Signed video/photo release form for all persons who appear in the video
- Entry forms with signatures. If video is a group entry, each person must complete an entry form.
- Packaging post-marked no later than April 1, 2013
- Your poster can be any size, up to 24-by-36 inches.
- The poster message should cover one or more top driving risks for teens.
- Poster should not include any copyrighted material (such as copyrighted images, photos or characters).
- Submit your poster contest entry on paper to the address above, or electronically (up to 5Mb in PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org please put CONTEST in the subject line. All entry forms and release forms must be submitted electronically with poster file.
- Electronic posters must display the Teens in the Driver Seat® logo and the Western Transportation Institute logo. Download logos here.
- Hand-drawn posters are not required to include logos, but inclusion will not disqualify the poster.
- Hand-drawn posters can be sent via mail to the address above or scanned and submitted via email.
- If hand-drawn posters are scanned and sent via email, files should be print-ready pdf files.
- Emailed posters will be printed for judging on 11×17 paper, at the largest. Western Transportation Institute or Teens in the Driver Seat is not responsible for quality of print. Electronic files will be printed as is.
- Winners in poster category will need to provide original hand-drawn or high resolution electronic source files (300 dpi), with layers and fonts. We can accept Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign files.
- Winning posters will be published for printing on 11-by-17 inch and smaller formats.
POSTER ENTRY CHECKLIST
- Entry form with signature. If poster is a group entry, each person must complete an entry form.
- Signed video/photo release form for all persons who appear on poster, if applicable.
- Packaging post-marked or email time-stamped no later than April 1, 2013.
- All emailed poster entries must include scanned copies of entry forms and photo/video release forms within email.
The judging panel will consist of Western Transportation Institute. Judges will view all entries and make decisions based on the criteria described above. Three winners will be selected from the combined video and poster entries. The three (3) winners will be announced online along with their award-winning entries. Decisions of the judging panel are final.
Common Contest Questions
Can I submit a video and poster?
Yes. You may submit an entry in each category. You may also submit multiple entries.
I am in a video class and we are broken up into groups. Can each of our groups submit a video from our high school?
Yes. The different groups in your class just need to specify that they are submitting each of their videos as different groups. Remember that all members of the group or class must submit an entry form.
Does each person in a group have to send in an entry form?
Yes. When you send in your entry, make sure that each person in your group or class turns in an entry form. Please mail the video and/or poster with video/photo release form(s) and entry form(s) to the address on the form or scan completed forms and email with your poster entry. Make sure that you state whether you are submitting the entry as an individual, group or class.
When does everything have to be turned in?
All entries must be postmarked or email date-stamped no later than April 1, 2013.
If I have some music that I want to put in my video, can I use it?
Yes, as long as the music is your original work and not copyrighted. Entries submitted with evidence of illegal use of copyrighted material will not be considered for judging. The use of company logos and other product names (for cars, beverages, etc.) is also prohibited. However, Teens in the Driver Seat® grants you permission to use the program logo on your entries. For more information on copyright, go to http://www.copyright.com/viewPage.do?pageCode=cr10-n.
If I have questions, who do I contact?
Send all questions to email@example.com . Type CONTEST in the subject line. Do not use this email for entry submission. Please allow 3 days for reply.
Official Rules and Regulations
- Video /PSA entries must be postmarked by April 1, 2013 to be eligible for the WTI Driving the Message Contest.
- Poster entries must be postmarked or email time-stamped no later than April 1, 2013 to be eligible for the WTI Driving the Message Contest.
- The WTI Driving the Message Contest is only open to high school students at Bozeman High School and Sweet Grass County High School.
- You may submit more than one entry.
- You may enter both the poster and video categories.
- Each student who submits an entry (poster or video) must submit an entry form. If you are part of a group/class submission, each student involved must have an entry form. Complete, signed entry forms must accompany entries.
- All person(s) who appear in video and/or poster entry must complete a video/photo release form. Complete, signed video/photo release forms must accompany entry.
- Judging will be based upon originality, creativity, and by how well you follow the messages that are central to the Teens in the Driver Seat® program.
- Entry must follow specs listed above.
- Three awards will be given in the combined media contest including both video and poster entries. The awards are:
First place: iPad2
Second place: Digital Camera
Third place: Dakine Backpack
- All entries become property of the Western Transportation Institute (WTI) and all or part of your entry can be used to advance and support the Teens in the Driver Seat Program or the Western Transportation Institute.
- The Western Transportation Institute is not responsible for lost, damaged, misdirected or delayed entries.
- The Western Transportation Institute reserves the right to withdraw, terminate, suspend, cancel or modify all or part of the contest at any time without notice.
- Teens in the Driver Seat ® reserves the right to change any of these rules.
- All decisions are final.