When it comes to Teens in the Driver Seat teams, the program at Vidal M. Treviño School of Communications and Fine Arts (VMT) has been breaking the mold since the day they signed on. They are now the first team ever to form a TDS Community Advisory Board (CAB).
What’s different about the CAB is that it is made up of supporting adult leaders from the local area. On June 18 the team revealed the 11 members of the CAB at a press conference.
The CAB was established to serve as a support for the VMT TDS team and members are volunteering their time to ensure that the message about safe teen driving is spread.
Members of the CAB include:
- Isidro “Chilo” Alaniz – District Attorney,
- Sheriff Martin Cuellar,
- Cindy Liendo-Espinoza – City Councilwoman,
- Tim Gutierrez – Media Representative,
- Jesus Martinez – LISD Board Trustee,
- Mercurio Martinez – Community Representative,
- Mr. and Mrs. Ricardo Rodriquez – Local Business Owners,
- Fernando A. Salinas – Philanthropist,
- Javier B. Santos – Trustee-Salinas Trust, and
- Mayor Pro-Tempore Jose A. Valdez, Jr.
Way to go VMT, and welcome aboard Community Advisory Board members!