With all this crazy snow going around, we almost forget that spring time is coming up! We have some great activity ideas that can help you spread the message about safe driving this spring.
- Download and print these spring break distraction prevention flyers.
- Post them around your school – cafeteria, hallways, lockers, gym, classrooms and restrooms
- Hand them out on the last day before the break as the students leave the school
- Go out into the parking lot and place them on windshields
- Pass out green beads necklaces with safety messaging
- Make morning announcements the week before spring break. Highlight a different risk for each day.
St. Patrick’s Day:
- Make a bulletin board out of shamrocks with the message “Give yourself some good luck; drive safely and remember the top 5 risk” (Be sure to list all five factors)
- Have a TDS Green-Out contest. Student that wears the most green or with the best St. Patrick’s Day outfit that promotes safe driving wins a prize
- Have the school mascot dress in green and hand out TDS educational items and flyers after school
- Download and hand out the Teens in the Driver Seat Impaired Driving Prevention – Prom Kit
- Along with prom king and queen, crown safe driving queens and kings (template in kit) for students who take the safe driving pledge
- Have the prom king and queen include driving safety messages and tips in their acceptance speech
- After prom, give away smarties and dum dums to everyone leaving—if the driver and passengers are wearing their seat belts, they get a smartie, if not, a dum dum
- Make driving safety announcements periodically throughout the night
- Print out driving safety tips and info flyers:
- Place them in Prom goodie bags
- On the windshields of parked cars
- Hand them out as everyone leaves for the evening
Share with us what your team did or is planning on doing to spread the word about driving safety this spring! Don’t forget, you can earn TDS CUP points for this!