Gear up for National Teen Driver Safety Week from October 19 through 25! We at Teens in the Driver Seat believe this is a great time to spread the message about the 5 dangers. To help you plan for the coming week, we have prepared an easy guide to simple activities you can do at your school:
- Download and use our Radio PSA’s for morning announcements each day. You can download them from our Radio/Podcast Resources page.
- Download and hang up TDS posters and flyers highlighting the different risks from our Print and Presentation Download page.
- Do a different activity each day during National Teen Driver Safety Week to spread messages about the five dangers:
- Monday: Make morning announcements about the week’s activities. Have a drunk goggle demonstration during lunch. Contact your regional representative to find out how you can borrow drunk googles.
- Tuesday: Conduct a parking lot seat belt check with DumDums and Smarties candies. Drivers and passengers wearing their seat belts will receive Smarties candy while those without their seat belts will receive DumDum candies. Don’t forget to hand out some safety messaging while doing the seat belt check. You can download some here.
- Wednesday: Ask students to answer safety trivia questions for prizes. You can download the quiz on our Print and Presentation Download page.
- Thursday: Place safety messages on cars in the student parking lot. There are different posters, flyers, and advertisements that are ready for you to print and share here.
- Friday: Black out your pep rally and sell or hand out glow sticks to remind friends to stay safe after dark.
- Get fun and simple activity ideas from our Activity Ideas page to get more ideas of different things your team can do to spread the word.
Follow this guide and you could earn an estimated 19 TDS Cup points or pick and choose which activities you would like to do. Make sure you complete an activity form!