Definitely “Say” by a San Antonio band called Girl in a Coma. It’s a song about making a legacy and honoring your ancestors, something very important to me.
2. In five words or less, describe yourself.
Er… Asian, female, spontaneous, and bad-at-thinking-of-adjectives-on-the-spot. That’s five words, right?
3. What are your hobbies?
I’ve been playing guitar since the 6th grade, soon I’ll have a black belt in American karate (Which I’ve done since age 8, a major accomplishment for me!), writing for my newspaper class and hanging out with my AWESOME friends.
4. If you could meet five famous people, who would they be and why?
1. Karen O, from the band the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. She’s an amazing singer and dancer- completely owns the stage at concerts and transfixes the audience.
2. Sigourny Weaver- My FAVORITE actress! She was amazing in Amazing in Alien and still gorgeous over age 50.
3. Julian Casablancas, the lead singer of the Strokes- He comes up with amazing, complicated compositions and really knows how to communicate his feelings with his voice.
4. Russel Brand. Well, on second thought, maybe not Russel Brand. He kind of scares me.
5. Ross Levigne- The number one fighter in the National American Society of Karate Association (NASKA) circuit. He does a MEAN roundhouse kick.
5. If you could change one thing about the way your friends drive, what would it be?
I would tell my friends to STOP PILING 8 PEOPLE INTO THEIR 4 SEATER CARS AT ONCE. IT’S DUMB AND UNSAFE.
AND NOT TRY TO STACK THEIR GUITAR AMPS ON TOP OF MY MIC STAND.