The term of the teen advisory board will be from May 1, 2009 to April 30, 2010, and will consist of 12 members.
So what will TDS Teen Advisory Board members do?
- Serve as ambassadors of TDS,
- Provide ideas and insight on how to get teens interested in TDS,
- Help in organizing TDS-oriented events and activities,
- Give your two cents on promotional items and related elements, and
- Attend the annual Teens in the Driver Seat Summit.
If you are tired of hearing about teen traffic deaths, this is your chance to change the way your peers drive. If you are sick of the attitude your friends have about driving, this is your opportunity to lead by example.
Teens between the ages of 15 and 17 and enrolled in high school (public, private or home-school) are encouraged to apply for the TDS Teen Advisory Board. You must be willing to commit to a minimum of one meeting a month by conference call, web meeting or in person, as well as respond quickly to e-mail requests for feedback on different subjects.
So how do you get involved? Go online and apply at the TDS Teen Advisory Board webpage.