Sydney Franklin, Teen of the Month, October 2013
If your life had a soundtrack, what songs would be on it?
Roar by Katy Perry, Gone, gone, gone by Phillip Phillips, and Imagine Me by Kirk Franklin
Who do you look up to?
I look up to my grandmother because she taught me that no struggle is too hard to overcome and my mother because she believes that I can do anything I want to!
What are your hobbies?
I enjoy reading, shopping, Mock Trial, and going to Student Council events.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
In Law School.
If you could meet five famous people, who would they be and why?
1) Steve Jobs because his “Here’s to…” quote inspires me to be absolutely whoever I want to be.
2) Martin Luther King, Jr. because after he identified what he didn’t like about his world, he successfully changed it. I want to be able to make that big of an impact in someone’s life and change the world for the better.
3) Adam Levine because he is beautifully handsome.
4) Franklin Delano Roosevelt because he was the best president EVER.
5) Dirk Nowitzki because he is talented, humble, and taller than what should be legally allowed (aka WAY taller than me, haha).
If you could change one thing about the way your friends drive, what would it be?
As I’ve began to advocate safe teen driving more and more over the past year, I’ve become aware of the scary fact that I have more friends that text and drive than the friends I have that don’t. If there was a way for me to get my friends to believe that texting and driving is like driving the length of a football field with their eyes shut, I would do it in a heart beat. Some of them take that statistic jokingly, but I don’t want to lose any of my friends to an accident that they could have avoided.